- Drained and refilled transfer case, front and rear differential fluids.
- Drained transmission and torque converter and removed transmission pan. Flushed torque converter, transmission and cooler lines. Replaced transmission filter and pan gasket. Reinstalled transmission pan. Refilled transmission. Road tested. Re-inspected for leaks – none at this time.
- Flushed and bled power steering system. Inspected system for leaks – none evident at this time.
- Inspected all hydraulic components for leaks – none. Drew brake fluid from master cylinder. Flushed and bled entire brake hydraulic system until clean. Filled and bled brakes as needed. Road tested.
- Installed new serpentine fan belt, air conditioning belt, tensioner and idler pulley as needed. Road tested.
- Installed new wiper blades as needed.
- Performed exhaust repair as needed.
- Power flushed and cleaned cooling system. Restored PH level and coolant protection. Protection good to -35.
- Removed failed canister vent valve. Cleaned connection. Installed a new valve as needed. Scope tested and verified proper operation. Cleared code and reset the computer. Road tested and verified repair.
- Removed necessary components and performed upper air intake cleaning procedure. Reassembled and made any necessary adjustments as required. Road tested engine performance.
- Removed the air filter and cleaned thoroughly. Allowed filter to dry and added oil as needed. Reinstalled the air filter.
- Replaced front brake pads and resurfaced front brake rotors. Road tested.
- RESET MAINTENANCE LIGHT AND MESSAGE
- Road tested and verified concern. Scan tested computer control system for stored trouble codes. Found code #P0449 – EVAP system vent control circuit low. Searched for any related service bulletins. Tested and found the vent valve is not working. Tested for power to the vent valve – power is present. Tested and found the PCM is commanding the vent valve to function. The vent valve has failed. Recommend replacing the vent valve and retest system operation.
- Road tested vehicle. Changed oil and filter. Lubricated chassis points (where applicable). Inspected all fluid levels and condition. – found the transmission, power steering, front differential, rear differential and transfer case fluids dirty – recommend to service these fluids – found the brake fluid at 3% moisture and discolored – recommend a brake system flush Inspected battery, cables, hold down and load tested battery – passed. Performed starter draw test – within specifications. Tested charging system output – passed at 14.46v. Performed voltage drop test at battery cables and power lead. Inspected cooling system level and topped off as needed. Tested radiator cap for proper operation and pressure tested the system for leaks. Tested antifreeze protection – too low. – recommend a coolant flush to restore protection Inspected wiper blades, washer fluid, horn and mirrors. – recommend replacing the wiper blades Inspected operation of all external lights. – found the left tail light broken – recommend replacing the housing Inspected fan belts and hoses. – noted the serpentine fan belt and tensioner to be noisy – recommend replacing the serpentine fan belt, tensioner and idler pulley Inspected filters and ignition components. – found the aftermarket air filter dirty – recommend to clean and oil the filter – recommend a fuel induction cleaning due to carbon build up Performed complete brake system inspection. The following is amount of brake lining remaining: Left front – 1mm Right front – 1mm Left rear – 4mm Right rear – 4mm – recommend replacing the front brake pads and resurface the rotors Inspected brake hydraulic system for leaks, wear and condition of fluid. Inspected tire pressures and depth. Inspected steering and suspension components. Inspected exhaust system condition. – recommend to repair the tail pipe
Tom T. gave our service a 5 star review on 12/9/2019