- Performed AAA inspection. Inspected all fluid levels and condition. –Perform Lube Oil Filter – Technician Note: Oil on low mark on dip stick Inspected operation of all external lights. Inspected battery, cables and hold down. Inspected wiper blades, washer fluid, horn and mirrors. Inspected belts and hoses and air filter. Tested antifreeze protection – good to -60°F and Ph level good at this time. Inspected tire pressures and depth. –Inspect Exhaust System Technician Note: Muffler dented in. (OLD/ NOT NEW) Likely it's not effecting flow –Technician Note: Splash guard broke in multiple places Both rear diff output shaft seal leaking – Recommendation: REAR OUTPUT SHAFT SEALS
- Performed inspection. Bushings, motor mounts, tires and wheels look good. Found both lower ball joints have excessive play (very loose) and the driver side inner tie rod end has excessive play. We have no way to tell for sure whether the ball joint and tie rod damage was caused by impact or wear. The vehicle would not have been able to be aligned as the suspension is at this time. Recommend replacing the lower control arms, inner tie rod ends, performing an alignment service and rechecking the system.
- The technician removed all parts necessary to gain access to the front lower control arms. Removed the control arms. Attempted to separate the rear control arm bushings from the control arms and the bushings are just tearing. Installed new rear control arm bushings on the new lower control arm assemblies. Installed the new lower control arm assemblies and reassembled all necessary parts. Verified the repairs on the test drive.
- The technician removed all parts necessary to gain access to the inner tie rod ends. Replaced both inner tie rod ends and reassembled all necessary parts. Verified the repairs on the test drive.
- Performed wheel alignment and made necessary adjustments. Road tested.
Gary R. gave our service a 5 star review on 3/25/2022