CRM Mitchell1 2022-12-01T23:00:55+00:002008 Chrysler Town & Country CRM Mitchell1 2022-12-01T23:00:55+00:00
- Performed AAA inspection. Inspected all fluid levels and condition. –Brake Fluid Technician Note: Moisture greater than 4%. Recommend service – Recommendation: Brake flush recommended. Brake system is due to be flushed. –Power Steering Fluid Technician Note: Dirty Pressure line leaking – Recommendation: The power steering pressure hose is leaking, this can cause low fluid and loss of power steering. Your vehicle's power steering fluid is due to be serviced. Inspected operation of all external lights. Inspected battery, cables and hold down. Inspected wiper blades, washer fluid, horn and mirrors. Inspected belts and hoses and air filter. –Engine Coolant – Technician Note: Low. Full of stop leak. Inspected tire pressures and depth.
- Road tested and concern did not duplicate. Scan tested computer control system for stored trouble codes. Found codes P0404 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve position sensor performance. and P0706 Transmission range sensor rationality. These two codes are the cause of the intermittent check engine light. Recommend replacing the EGR Valve assembly. Found several HVAC stored codes (from when the battery died). The HVAC modes are switching as designed at this time. Recommend to let the vehicle sit overnight and check again when the vehicle is cold. Checked the HVAC modes after sitting over night. The modes are a little slow to change when cold, most likely getting sticky. No action needed at this time. Recommend to monitor and replace blend/ mode actuators as needed.
- The technician removed all parts necessary to gain access to the EGR valve, Removed the egr and installed a new exhaust gas recirculation valve assembly and new gaskets. Reassembled all necessary parts and cleared the codes. Verified the repairs on the test drive.
- Inspected all hydraulic components for leaks – none. Drew brake fluid from master cylinder. Flushed and bled entire brake hydraulic system until clean. Filled and bled brakes as needed. Road tested.
- Changed engine oil and filter. Lubed chassis points (where applicable). Topped off windshield washer fluid as needed.
- RESET MAINTENANCE LIGHT AND MESSAGE
Dana M. gave our service a 5 star review on 11/30/2022