CRM Mitchell1 2021-05-12T22:03:47+00:002008 Mazda 3 CRM Mitchell1 2021-05-12T22:03:47+00:00
- Installed a new ACDelco battery and cleaned the battery cable ends as needed.
- Removed faulty sensor. Cleaned connection. Installed a new sensor as needed. Scope tested sensor and verified proper operation. Cleared code and reset the computer. Road tested and verified repair – fuel trims reading within specifications.
- RESET MAINTENANCE LIGHT AND MESSAGE
- Road tested vehicle. – noticed a vibration at higher speeds Changed oil and filter. Lubricated chassis points (where applicable). Inspected all fluid levels and condition. Inspected battery, cables, hold down and load tested battery – failed. – recommend replacing the battery Performed starter draw test – within specifications. Tested charging system output – passed at 14.25v. Performed voltage drop test at battery cables and power lead. Inspected cooling system level and topped off as needed. Tested radiator cap for proper operation and pressure tested the system for leaks. Tested antifreeze protection – good to -34 and Ph level good at this time. Inspected wiper blades, washer fluid, horn and mirrors. – recommend replacing wiper blades Inspected operation of all external lights. Inspected fan belts and hoses. Inspected filters and ignition components. – recommend replacing the cabin air filter – recommend a fuel induction cleaning Performed complete brake system inspection. The following is amount of brake lining remaining: Left front – 6mm Right front – 6mm Left rear – 8mm Right rear – 8mm Inspected brake hydraulic system for leaks, wear and condition of fluid. Inspected tire pressures and depth. – found the front tires are down to the secondary rubber on the inside edges – found the rear tires showing the cords – recommend replacing the tires ASAP and perform alignment Inspected steering and suspension components. Inspected exhaust system condition.
- Scan tested system and found code #P2177 system too lean off idle Bank 1. Performed visual inspection – no visual concerns found. Scope tested, monitored and noticed the mass air flow sensor readings are below specifications, this can cause incorrect fuel trim readings. Recommend replacing the mass air flow sensor and continue testing, if needed.
Jennifer B. gave our service a 5 star review on 5/11/2021